Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sponge - "Plowed"




Let’s get this away ahead of time, my good friend Ted and I have had a few drinks tonight. We’re watching Oregon/Oregon St on ESPN to see who is going to play in the Rose Bowl on the New Year’s Day. This is big shit. They call this rivalry the goddamn Civil War, even though Oregon had barely even been discovered when Stonewall Jackson was kicking ass and Grant was lookin’ scrufftacularly valiant.



LISTEN TO IT, THEN READ


In any event, this is some quintessential mid 90s grungy radio jamming. Reasons why I like it:

1) It starts with some great feedback distortion. Oh shit, we’ve got some grunge on our hands, kids.
2) Simple booming head banging beat. Some might think I’m being a sarcastic dick when I say this but this is really me just assuring you that this song is going to kick ass from 0:07 till the goddamn end.
3) You can understand the guy if you know WHAT he’s saying, but if you don’t, it’s cool, you can easily make up your own lyrics.
4) The dude repeats himself a lot, so the more you repeat your own lyrics, the more correct they become.
5) Hey, let me just throw this out there: the previous two statements are based on the fact that for a long time I thought he was saying “when I wake up in my maaaake upppp…..” as some kind of testosterone fueled badass rip off of Courtney Love’s epic “Celebrity Skin.” It’s not. He’s saying:

“Will I wake up

Is it a dream I made up

No I guess it's reality”

Good times.

6) SAAAAY A PRAYER FOR ME (saaaay a prayer for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment